Mechanical Engineer in St Clairsville, Ohio
Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, ExOne, a Desktop Metal company, is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers. This position is located at our 3D print manufacturing facility in St Clairsville, Ohio.
With over 20 years’ experience in additive manufacturing, ExOne and Desktop Metal are poised to empower our partners to design and implement game-changing solutions leveraging 3d printing technology. As a publicly traded manufacturing company, our focus is to our customers first.
The Mechanical Engineer will be a key person responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and executing projects in the New Markets division. This role will work with all functional aspects of engineering and testing. This position ideally will also incorporate project management regarding contract work in the New Markets division. The engineer will get to work alongside and leverage the world experts in binder jet 3D printing and be an integral part of the team bringing new products to market. This position will report to the Director of New Markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Machine development and testing
- Aid in the design of new 3D printers
- Design, develop and implement new subsystems into current 3D printers
- Support and lead continuous improvement efforts
- Perform and develop standardized tests on printers and subsystems
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor engineering projects
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Track cost, scope, schedule, and deliverables for contract work as needed
Other duties may be assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or comparable technical degree required
- An innovative mindset with the ability to overcome obstacles and provide solutions
- Knowledge of machine design
- Skills in material selection and GD&T
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Walk, stand, stoop, and reach regularly and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver within heavy machinery and manufacturing environment.
- Manual dexterity and mobility to perform drafting work and computer operation for extended periods of time.
- Clear speech suitable for interpersonal as well as telephone communications.
- Visual acuity to perform all duties as described plus, accurate color and depth perception essential.
- Physical and mental capability to handle multiple task and deadline requirements, interpersonal and informational conflicts, and pressure of responsibility for workplace output.
- Agility to climb/crawl over and around large machinery in various types of manufacturing environments.
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge, and talent
At Desktop Metal/ExOne, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program which includes the following:
- Two (2) Medical Plans, Dental and Vision plans to choose to fit your specific needs with a portion of the premiums company paid by ExOne
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k program
- Company Paid Life, Short & Long Term Disability with AD&D insurance
- Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you are intrigued to find out more about Desktop Metal and ExOne, we would love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of Team DM and ExOne” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Desktop Metal and ExOne appreciate your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Desktop Metal/ExOne provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.