ExOne R&D Services Center
Our world-class additive manufacturing team provides in-depth research, development and engineering consulting to develop 3D printing programs for mission-critical, serial or high-volume production.
The scope of work for R&D projects is customized to meet your specific needs. Our team specializes in helping manufacturers in the aerospace, automotive, defense, medical, and energy industries solve their toughest challenges with a binder jet 3D printing solution. Among the services we offer:
- Material development. We can explore 3D printing virtually any powder material, Click image to download including any or our qualified or R&D materials. We’ve helped customers successfully print everything from aluminum to trash to uniquely designed composite materials. such as aluminum-infiltrated boron carbide (B4C).
- 3D part development. We can help you consolidate several parts into one, eliminating extra manufacturing processes and reducing waste. We can also help design previously impossible parts to solve specific challenges. In addition to being able to produce complex parts with ease, our technology can also dial in specific part porosity.
- 3D part qualification. If you have an existing design you’d like to binder jet for production, we can assist in qualifying that part through a defined process.
- Production process design. Once you’re ready for production, we can help you design your 3D printing production cell and process for success.
- Production cell sourcing and turnkey installation. Our team offers turnkey services that source all ancillary equipment for your 3D printing production, and oversee complete cell installation and optimization for success.
- Timeline: Typically 8 weeks or more