Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, The ExOne Company is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers.
ExOne’s technical team includes world class engineers, material scientists and metallurgists, some with over 20 years of experience in binder jetting. Our machine engineering team consists of a variety of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. Through our ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”), we offer comprehensive application support to help our customers find innovative ways to leverage our technology. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric throughput, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform duties and tasks related to maintenance and repair of customer machines and related equipment.
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints or requests regarding operation of equipment.
- Travel to customer locations to troubleshoot problems.
- Diagnose problem and develop a plan for repair or correction of problem.
- Evaluate resources needed and assess materials and time for completion of project.
- Notify Service Manager regarding requirements for resolution of issues.
- Perform initial start-up and test of machines together with production team.
- Order components, as may be required and repair or replace defective/malfunctioning parts.
- Schedule visits for preventative maintenance, upgrades or improvements, repairs and conversion work, assembly and installation of 3D printing machines worldwide, which are required and related to service customer.
- Coordinate with Service Manager regarding warranties and liabilities per each machine and service call.
- Submit receipts, documentation and information pursuant to any service visit.
- Complete a customer service report for each project.
- Prepare expense reports and forward to Accounting immediately upon completion of trip.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on equipment or operation changes to Sales, Engineering, Machine Build, and R&D.
- Assist in development of preventive maintenance procedures including procedures, suggested schedules, spare parts logistics, and inventory management.
- Work with research partners to facilitate communication and resource sharing on existing cooperative projects.
- Instruction and training of customers in machine operation.
What You Need to Bring to the Table
- Technical degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in mechanics or machine maintenance field and servicing machines.
- Experience with hydraulics, electrical and mechanical applications.
- Capable of reading various mechanical, engineering or other drawings, prints and schematics.
- Self-starter and able to perform work with little supervision.
- Frequent travel is required at least 70% of the time, including making arrangements for transportation and reservations.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of a computer including MS Office.
- Good communication and follow-up skills a must.
- Spanish as a second language a plus.
- Walk, stand, stoop and reach regularly and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver within heavy machinery and manufacturing environment.
- Manual dexterity and mobility to perform drafting work and computer operation for extended periods of time.
- Clear speech suitable for interpersonal as well as telephone communications.
- Visual acuity to perform all duties as described plus, accurate color and depth perception essential.
- Physical and mental capability to handle multiple task and deadline requirements, interpersonal and informational conflicts and pressure of responsibility for workplace output.
- Agility to climb/crawl over and around large machinery in various types of manufacturing environments.
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge and talent
At ExOne, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program which includes the following:
- Two (2) Medical, Dental and Vision plans to choose to fit your specific needs with a portion of the premiums company paid by ExOne
- Health Savings Account (HSA) tied into our High Deductible Medical Plan
- A generous company match 401k program
- Company Paid Life, Short & Long Term Disability with AD&D insurance
- Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
- For those who want to continue their professional growth, we provide tuition reimbursement on a yearly basis
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you’re intrigued to find out more about ExOne, we’d love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of our team at ExOne to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. ExOne provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.