Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, The ExOne Company is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers.
ExOne’s technical team includes world class engineers, material scientists and metallurgists, some with over 20 years of experience in binder jetting. Our machine engineering team consists of a variety of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. Through our ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”), we offer comprehensive application support to help our customers find innovative ways to leverage our technology. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric throughput, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
About our opportunity
The Software Controls Engineer will be an integral part our Software Team to develop and integrate software for ExOne’s metal 3D printers. This role will work with all functional aspects of the software including hardware communication, operator interface, and 3D model manipulation and visualization. ExOne’s printers use either Siemens PLC or motion controllers, depending on the platform. The engineer will coordinate with other engineering disciplines and departments to ensure success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement code for controlling 3D printers
- Develop control system software
- Integrate electro-mechanical systems so they work seamlessly together
- Test and debug source code
- Work closely with engineering and R&D teams to add features to printers
- Assist with maintaining and optimizing code for existing 3D printers
- Follow best practices for software version control and documentation
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary, to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications
- Devises and performs tests to identify the root cause of problems
What you need to bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Robotics or a comparable technical degree
2+ years of C++ experience
Experience with Siemens PLC or motion controllers
Experience with the OpenGL API
Knowledge of the Polygonica library
Familiarity developing machine controls for complex systems, experience with AM a plus
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge and talent
At ExOne, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program which includes the following:
- Two (2) Medical, Dental and Vision plans to choose to fit your specific needs with a portion of the premiums company paid by ExOne
- Health Savings Account (HSA) tied into our High Deductible Medical Plan
- A generous company match 401k program
- Company Paid Life, Short & Long Term Disability with AD&D insurance
- Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
- For those who want to continue their professional growth, we provide tuition reimbursement on a yearly basis
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you’re intrigued to find out more about ExOne, we’d love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of our team at ExOne to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. ExOne provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.