Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, The ExOne Company is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers.
ExOne’s technical team includes world class engineers, material scientists and metallurgists, some with over 20 years of experience in binder jetting. Our machine engineering team consists of a variety of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. Through our ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”), we offer comprehensive application support to help our customers find innovative ways to leverage our technology. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric throughput, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
About Our Opportunity
The Senior Buyer/Planner will be responsible for source selection and procurement functions needed to support all aspects of the business as assigned. Also responsible for establishing, maintaining, and publishing machine build schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and procure needed parts and materials to support the business
- Maintain proper inventory levels for stocked components/materials
- Initiate PO’s (Purchase Orders) and amendments for parts as required
- Solicit quotes and negotiates pricing & terms with suppliers
- Sources new suppliers to determine their supply capabilities, pricing, and terms with guidance from the Materials Manager
- Develops and maintains machine build schedules needed for internal production
- Initiates MO’s (Manufacturing Orders) for internal production
- Assures components needed for production are on-hand in time for Machine Build needs and are properly issued to the MO
- Evaluates new customer orders to arrange for optimum utilization of internal labor resources in the Machine Build department
- Work cross-functionally regarding purchase timing and the impact that will have on assembly schedules
- Provide regular updates to internal customers regarding timing of assembly as well as facilitate resolution to any issues caused by scheduling changes
- Maintain lead times, safety stock, and other purchasing/assembly metrics in the Company ERP system
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Materials Manager
- Business School – Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with emphasis in Business
- 3-5 Years progressive experience in Supply Chain or Manufacturing
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain principles and processes
- Ability to quickly evaluate data and make data-driven decisions
- Understanding of ERP/MRP systems and how they drive demand planning
- Basic personal computer skills to include Microsoft 365 applications and ERP/MRP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and drive continuous improvement
- Travel less than 25%
- Ability to sit, stand, walk around for various intervals
- Clear speaking and verbal communications ability in English
- Ability to read drawings, write reports, read a computer screen, and operate a telephone
- Must have valid driver’s license
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge, and talent
At ExOne, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program which includes the following:
- Two (2) Medical, Dental and Vision plans to choose to fit your specific needs with a portion of the premiums company paid by ExOne
- Health Savings Account (HSA) tied into our High Deductible Medical Plan
- A generous company match 401k program
- Company Paid Life, Short & Long Term Disability with AD&D insurance
- Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
- For those who want to continue their professional growth, we provide tuition reimbursement on a yearly basis
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you are intrigued to find out more about ExOne, we would love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of our team at ExOne” to: email@example.com.
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. ExOne provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.