Located in the greater Pittsburgh area, The ExOne Company is a global provider of binder jet 3D printers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printers and 3D printed parts for our customers.
ExOne’s technical team includes world class engineers, material scientists and metallurgists, some with over 20 years of experience in binder jetting. Our machine engineering team consists of a variety of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. Through our ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”), we offer comprehensive application support to help our customers find innovative ways to leverage our technology. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric throughput, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
Overview of the Position
The Machine Build Test Technician role is to perform tasks necessary for the production, fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products for 3D printers. The Technician will follow detailed instructions to meet safety and quality requirements by utilizing blueprints created by the engineering department. In addition, the Machine Build Test Technician will create test, troubleshoot, and inspect assembled machines for defects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret mechanical assembly drawings, prints and other data sources to assemble, wire, test and troubleshoot product machines.
- Assembly and testing include installation and wiring of motors, valves, gauges, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electromechanical components, and systems.
- Must have the ability to use electrical multimeters and be comfortable working with low voltage AC systems (480VAC or less).
- Using control schematics, attach wiring of control panels, electrical boxes, motor drives, cabling, connectors and other electronics and control components.
- Conduct full system and subsystem testing and machine run-off.
- Metrology and inspection of machines with instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, 2D laser measurement gauges.
- Work must be completed according to a production schedule.
Customer Interface/Production Quality
- Assist with customer installation requirements, including possible travel to customer site, follow-up visits for training/service.
- Clarify any discrepancies in project package with supervisor or engineering dept.
- Exercise initiative to determine where improvements in the assembly, testing and documentation process can be made and review with supervisor.
- Associates degree with courses relating to Electrical/Mechanical theory and application; or high school diploma with 4 years’ experience relating to electro-mechanical and/or equipment assembly and testing.
- Able to speak, read and write, in clear English, comprehend and follow blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Demonstrated electro-mechanical knowledge and ability to use test equipment, a soldering iron, and applicable tools.
- Previous electro-mechanical assembly experience preferred.
- Able and available to work overtime (including weekends) when required.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, carry up to 50 lbs.
- Fine hand manipulation and dexterity to use hand tools, power tools and other detail work.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read schematics and prints.
What we provide in exchange for your skills, knowledge, and talent
How does this opportunity sound to you? If you’re intrigued to find out more about ExOne, we’d love to fill in the blanks and show you what we are all about. Please forward an updated resume and a cover letter telling us “Why you want to be part of our team at ExOne to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. ExOne provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.