Are you looking for a challenging career opportunity to showcase your engineering skills?
ExOne is searching to fill a key leadership role in our Engineering department. The Engineering Director will be responsible for participation and implementation of a strategic plan for Exone’s 3D printing direct metal machines. This position engages across various business units including sales, operations and design/development to identify and execute consistent and standardized systems while optimizing design resource utilization. The Engineering Director coordinates all efforts of the engineering team with the goal to create a high value, engaged organization. Ultimately this role is to ensure the ‘engine of engineering’ is finely tuned and highly performing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conveys advanced, cutting edge teaming skills and world class methods and tools to oversee the design and development of capital equipment, while keeping both the goals of the company and the needs of our customers aligned with the competitive landscape
- Oversight of strategic research in a rapidly changing capital equipment environment to deliver machine capabilities where technical differentiation sets ExOne apart in high customer satisfaction and exclusive performance metrics
- Maintain a standardized approach to executing parametric 3D CAD modeling, BOM structure, design for manufacturing and assembly and associated interfaces to ERP systems including the Engineering Change Release process
- Develop and implement a design documentation system utilizing and adapting best practices focusing on standardization, operating efficiency and quality
- Execution of the Engineering Change process including alignment with business priorities and constraints
Team Management and Development
- Recruit, lead and mentor our engineering organization. Work in conjunction with the team to grow their capabilities and skill sets to assist in identifying career pathing opportunities for individuals
- Assist in defining team member objectives, performance targets and development plans to ensure alignment with project and organization objectives
- Develop technical team members by identifying critical technical capabilities and gaps, ensuring resources are in place and/or developing plans to bridge gaps
- Prepare and monitor expense budgets
- Support development and execution of relevant capital appropriation requests
- Provide direction for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to assigned activities
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Engineering; MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience working in a capital equipment, design/build environment
- 5+ years of progressive, forward thinking, results-oriented management and leadership experience in a fast paced environment
- Available for US and International travel as needed
- Professional communications skills, both oral and written
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office, project management software, 3D CAD and other software applications
- Valid driver’s license, passport and/or visa
At Exone, we have a comprehensive compensation and benefit program to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits with a portion company paid by ExOne
- HSA program for our High Deductible Medical Plan
- Company match 401k program
- Company Paid Life, ST/LT Disability and AD/D Insurance
- Vacation/PTO and company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for professional development
The ExOne Company (“ExOne”, “XONE”, or the “Company”) is a global provider of 3D printing machines and 3D printed and other products, materials and services to industrial customers. Our business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printing machines and printing products to specification for our customers using our installed base of 3D printing machines. Our machines serve direct and indirect applications. Direct printing produces a component. Indirect printing makes a tool to produce a component.
ExOne offers pre-production collaboration and print products for customers through our network of ExOne Adoption Centers (“EACs”). We supply the associated materials, including consumables and replacement parts. In addition, other services include training and technical support which is necessary for purchasers of our 3D printing machines to print products. Our ability to print in a variety of industrial materials, as well as our industry-leading volumetric output, uniquely positions us to serve the needs of industrial customers.
ExOne appreciates your interest in our organization as a place for your next career. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Exone provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. We also participate in E-Verify.
If interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com