Metal 3D Printers - Materials & Binders
Download the ExOne
Q3 2020 Materials Update
1. Third-Party Qualified Materials
These materials have passed ExOne’s rigorous testing for uniformity, dimensional tolerance, sintering characteristics, and other features over multiple builds. Please see the attached data sheets for third-party testing results based on MPIF standards.
2. Customer-Qualified Materials
The materials below have been qualified for use by ExOne customers, using standards for their own applications, and are being successfully printed today. Additionally, a number of ExOne customers also print proprietary powdered materials on our machines that are not listed below. If you have a question about 3D printing the materials below, please contact us.
Single Alloy Metals
- Natural Sands
- Synthetic Sands
- Silicon Carbide
- Tungsten Carbide Cobalt
- Boron Carbide i/w Aluminum
- Silicon Carbide i/w Silicon
*This material is also a third-party qualified material
3. Research & Development Materials
These materials have been deemed printable by ExOne and our customers after preliminary analysis. Our R&D work for these materials is ongoing and involves engineering work with the materials, as well as our printers and processes, to ensure successful printing. If you are interested in collaborating on development of these or any unlisted materials, please contact us.
Single Alloy Metals
- Aluminum Nitride
- Barium Titanate
- Boron Carbide
- Lead Zirconate Titanate (PZT)
- Natural Sands**
- Silicon Carbide**
- Silicon Nitride
- Synthetic Sands**
- Tungsten Carbide
- Tungsten Carbide-Cobalt**
- Zirconium Carbide
- Boron Carbide i/w Aluminum**
- Silicon Carbide i/w Silicon**
**This material has also been qualified by customers or received our rigorous third-party qualification status.
ExOne Fuse Binders
One of the reasons ExOne metal binder jet systems can print such a diversity of powdered materials is our portfolio of specialty Fuse binders, which deliver unique benefits for the material being 3D printed.
Binders must deliver certain characteristics that work harmoniously with the powder material being printed. Considerations include viscosity, saturation, bleeding in X and Y, as well as debinding characteristics. ExOne binders continue to be optimized to provide improved green strengths and other beneficial properties based on the material being printed..
- CleanFuse — A premium, clean-burning binder that leaves behind no carbon residue and works well with metallic materials negatively affected by carbon, such as Inconel powders
- FluidFuse — A versatile solvent-based binder with low viscosity that works well with a variety of metallic and non-metallic materials, including ceramics
- AquaFuse — A water-based binder that works well with a variety of metallic material
- PhenolFuse — A phenolic binder best suited for printing high-temperature materials, including non-metallics such as carbon, tungsten carbide (WC), silicon carbide (SiC), and other ceramics