January 17, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Electrical Engineer position will support new machine design projects for metal based printing machine systems, and will join a team working on one of the most cutting edge 3D Printing machine technologies in the world.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sizing of selection of motion control components based on mechanical designs and performance specifications.
- Sizing and selection of various electrical components such as transformers, power supplies, circuit breakers, cabling, connectors, sensors, switches, etc.
- Creation and/or checking of electrical control schematics.
- Design of cable, control panel, and control enclosure assemblies.
- Design of electrical safety systems according to current regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with mechanical designers to optimize cable routing and protection.
- Write, test, and debug software for various motion controllers, PLCs and other industrial controller hardware. C++ programming for embedded systems and MS Windows a plus.
- Assist in prototype construction and test.
- Direct activities of electrical designers to facilitate creation of manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Support manufacturing and service departments as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of electrical design experience, ideally in additive manufacturing, machine tool, or automation industries. Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills appropriate for interface with all levels of management and customers. Competent in the use of electrical engineering CAD software. Mathematics skill and ability commensurate with all engineering applications and problem solving & analyses evaluations. Excellent ability with complex engineering drawings, layouts, prints, schematics and process charts. Ability to comprehend and follow procedures and processes relating to job performance.
Walk, stand, stoop and reach regularly and sitting for extended periods of time. Ability to maneuver within heavy machinery and manufacturing environment. Manual dexterity and mobility to perform drafting work and computer operation for extended periods of time. Clear speech suitable for interpersonal as well as telephone communications. Visual acuity to perform all duties as described plus, accurate color and depth perception essential. Physical and mental capability to handle multiple task and deadline requirements, interpersonal and informational conflicts and pressure of responsibility for workplace output. Agility to climb/crawl over and around large machinery in various types of manufacturing environments.
If interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of The ExOne Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, disability status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.