Small Amounts of Material Removed with Precision
at 1000's of Pulses Per Second
ExOne offers advanced short-pulse laser micromachining technology* using proprietary trepanning devices, directed toward critical automotive and aerospace applications such as fuel delivery systems for ground-based vehicles and turbine components for aerospace engines.
The Orion Laser Machining System yields extremely high pulse energy to machine holes as small as 50 microns with recast of less than 1 micron and machining speeds as fast as 8 seconds per hole. Virtually any material—hard or soft, metallic or nonmetallic, conductive or nonconductive—can be drilled with precision and predictability.
- Fast machining rates: pulse duration 10ps
- Nanosecond and picosecond laser technologies
- No material heating
- Little or no heat affected zone
Sophisticated beam manipulation devices allow precision machining
of complex shapes.
- Laser drilling, milling and marking
- Positive taper
- Negative taper
- Parallel sidewalls
Exotic materials can be machined as easily as common materials.
- H10, H11, H13, SCM 415, SCM 420 (diesel injector materials)
- Stainless steel
- Nickel materials and alloys
- Single crystal aerospace materials
- Thermal/environment barrier coatings
- Ceramic matrix composites
Typical applications include diesel fuel injector holes & gas turbine component cooling holes.
- Learn more about ExMicro Laser Contract Services
- Explore Orion Laser Machining System
- Download Orion Laser Spec Sheet
*Currently available in the USA (Mid-Atlantic) and Japan.